Friday, January 20, 2006

Tears of a clown

So I learned from a very reliable, trustworthy source (who I happen to think very highly of) that men generally don't like goofy girls. This presents a slight problem, as I can be very, very goofy. Why is it that guys can be goofballs but girls can't? What happens to the girl that was voted Class Clown? Does she take her act on the road and lead a lonely existence as a stand-up?

I know men generally prefer a little mystery to their women, but just because I enjoy a good laugh does not make me less mysterious.

There is a musical called Funny Girl about Fanny Brice, a famous Broadway singer (portrayed in all her divaness by Ms. Barbara Streisand). After she visits her husband in jail for a bad investment or gambling thing or something or other...he is always playing cards...(the always ethnic-chic Omar Sharif), she sings a song about being a funny girl:
Funny
Did ya here that, Funny
Yeah, the guy said Honey
You're a Funny Girl
That's me I just keep them
In stitches
Doubled in half
And thought I may be all wrong for the guy
I'm good for a laugh
I guess its not funny
Life is far from sunny
When the laugh is over
And the joke's on you
A girl oughta have a sense of humor
That's one thing you really need for sure
When you're a Funny Girl
The fellow says a Funny Girl
Funny, how it ain't so funny
Funny Girl

I'm here all week, folks...make sure you tip your waitress.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home