Wednesday, November 16, 2005

What has it got in its pocketses, precious?

So the first day of wearing the old winter coat is always exciting because there is a chance that you left something in your pocket for three seasons. Usually its something mundane, like a kleenex, a piece of gum, or chapstick. Occasionally it is your lucky day and you find money: the best days in the world are when you find a twenty. Today, as the temperature plunged after the first artic cold front of the season passed overhead, I put my winter coat on to go to class. After class, as I'm chatting with my professor, I put my hand in my pocket for the first time and felt something unknown. Curious, I pulled it out: it was a sparkly green lighter. My professor looked at me and said "Lady, do you smoke??" "No. This isn't mine, I swear. I don't know where this came from. I must have been holding it for a friend." I don't think she believed me.

I'll be Oola was the last person to wear the jacket.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home