Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Have mercy

So I was listening to Elvis Pressley's Jailhouse Rock the other day in the car. One of the lines in the song goes: "Number 47 said to Number 3/You the cutest jailbird I ever did see/I sure would delighted with your company/C'mon and do the Jailhouse Rock with me/Let's Rock".

This statement leads to me to believe three possible conclusions:
1) In Elvis' southern land of make believe, jails were co-ed; or
2) Elvis was in reality a champion of prison reform and was bringing to the forefront of the country's consciousness the problem of rampant sodomy in our prison system with a number 1 single.
3) The King was homosexual and was advocating sexual tolerance through song.

I think it's #3: he liked to wear bedazzled capes; he is adored by lots of old ladies; he married a woman with hair like a drag-queen.

2 Comments:

Blogger rene said...

is this really what you think about at 7:11 in the AM?!?!?

from what i remember of living with you, you before noon was a non-functioning entity. what has law school done to you?

11:45 AM  
Blogger Oola's twin said...

Not to worry, my dear. My blogger clock is set on California time.

So this post actually took place at 10:11. And at that time in the morning the only thing I can bring myself to focus on is writing a blog of no consequence that only you and I read; I still do all my functioning in the afternoon.

6:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home