Friday, March 18, 2005

Lucky charms

So I love St. Patrick's Day. I love it because on what other day can you get someone who rarely makes it to a 10:30 class out of bed at 7:30 to go drinkin'? What other day is acceptable to meet up with people between classes and go drinkin'? And on what other day can you drop all other responsibilities and use the rest of the day to continue drinkin'? Fantastic.

Another interesting thing about the sacred holy day is the first-timers. For a lot of them, it is the first time they are out at a bar publicly and legally drunk. Some of them have absolutely no idea what to do with themselves or this new-found freedom that we alcoholics have grown accustomed to. Like this one kid sitting next to me at the bar. He asks me if I was there with my husband. I "flicked him off" with the naked ring finger on my left hand. He leaned in (he actually was having trouble staying vertical) and asked if I wanted to do a shot. I said sure (who turns down free alcohol??) and asked what he was drinking. When he said tequila, I knew he was in over his head. But the smooth-talker was not finished: he said we should chase the tequila with a kiss. So I'm not about to disappoint the whipper-snapper buying me booze, so I say, what the hell. So now that the charmer had an inch, he was going to go for the full mile. We should practice our chaser before the tequila gets here, he says. I'm thinking, why not, he has beads (and you know I'll do anything for beads). So we kept busy while we waited for the tequila. Finally it arrives, we each take a glass. I do mine and turn to my supplier: he's got this funny look on his face, like when Flounder is in Dean Wormer's office. He takes a sip of tequila and he's done--off for the bathroom. The bartender asked if I was with him. I finished his tequila, said no, and left for home.

I love this day.

2 Comments:

Blogger Oola's twin said...

Oola is such a whore. And a mean whore, too.

1:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think Jessica is funny and Oola is the man whore. Oola needs to quit giving jessica a hard time because I tend to have a ton of fun when Jessica is out with us.

6:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home