Monday, July 18, 2005

"My brother George reckons he had a bogey flavored one once..."

So I love Jelly Belly jelly beans. (That is another way to get off my shit list...are you taking notes?) I also love Harry Potter. So what could be better than if these two got together? Enter Bertie Bots Every Flavor Beans, courtesy of Honeydukes, the sweet cart on the Hogwarts Express (and Borders Bookstore).

The every flavor beans, like normal Jelly Bellies, come in a yummy assortment (toasted marshmallow, grape jelly, etc.). There are also some not-so-yummy varieties: grass, earwax, sardine, etc. I'm not sure of the chemistry behind making a sweet taste like soap, but I'm sure something can be said about the power of suggestion (the beans are identified on the back of the box so you can avoid the vomit one if you must...but look carefully-- vomit and tutti-fruiti look remarkably similar). I think the worst so far is bacon. The tiny little bean tastes exactly like bacon and leaves a hickory smoked taste in your mouth that only the power of Diet Coke seems to be able to remove.

2 Comments:

Blogger Oola's twin said...

No, no, no, no, no....the worst flavor is rotten egg. I had one after lunch today and it is still making me nauseous. Quite possibly the worst thing I've had in my mouth...not sure Oola can say the same thing.

8:41 PM  
Blogger rene said...

diet coke really is all powerful.

10:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home